1. To facilitate communication and collaboration among sector colleagues through the organization of sharing or training opportunities.
2. To provide provincial leadership and support with regard to the quality of teaching and program implementation in all English centres delivering programs connected to their designated sector.
3. To reflect the interests and needs of the sector they represent in the annual development of a global professional development plan, in collaboration with sector and program teachers, QACVE and PROCEDE.
4. To support the development of a teaching team which is up to date on program content, revisions, employment contexts and teaching techniques in order to act as a model for “best practices” in their training sector.
5. At the request of colleagues from the English-language RAC network, to provide content expertise and analysis in support of the process of recognition of prior learning and acquired competencies.
Objectives of the Network:
1. To improve & support communication/collaboration among colleagues
2. To provide a provincial structure through which english sector professional development and quality teaching can be strengthened and expanded
3. To support centres who have received new ententes, provisional authorizations or new authorizations
4. To support the development of closer links among vocational & technical training providers, educational partners, stakeholders, industry & employment representatives
|SECTOR||SCHOOL BOARD||Contact Information (email)|
|01 – Administration/Commerce||English Montreal School Board||Raffaella Savignano (Secretarial)
Patricia Murphy (Accounting/Secretarial)
|01 – Computer Technology||Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board||Maan Abou Hatab|
|03 – Food Services||Lester B. Pearson School Board||Denise Giguère|
|03 – Tourism||Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board||Maria Alfieri|
|04 – Arts (Interior Decorating & Visual Display)||Lester B. Pearson School Board||Hania El Waraky|
|07 – Buildings and Public Works (Carpentry)||New Frontiers School Board||John Hodges|
|07 & 11 – Drafting – Residential & Commercial/Industrial Drafting||English Montreal School Board||Samir Awad|
|10 – Motorized Equipment Maintenance||New Frontiers School Board||Derek Stacey|
|11 – Mechanical Manufacturing||English Montreal School Board||Richard Pilat|
|13 – Communications/Documentation||English Montreal School Board||Mark Curiale (Computer Graphics)
Anthony Leone (Digital Layout and Printing)
|14 – Maintenance Mechanics||Eastern Townships School Board||Ghislain Gravel|
|16 – Metallurgical Technology||New Frontiers School Board||Matthew McKoy
|19 – Health Services||Lester B. Pearson School Board||Gina Colucci
|21 – Beauty Care||English Montreal School Board||Sabrina Bergamin (Aesthetics)
Amanda Lepore (Hairdressing)
Please consult the PROCEDE Reimbursement and Guidelines Booklet for more information on funding.