The Diversified Basic Education (DBE) Program for Secondary III, IV and V is an adaptation for adult learners of the Québec Education Program, Secondary Cycle Two, for the youth sector. Thus, the subject areas, broad areas of learning and cross-curricular competencies in both programs are the same. However, in order to meet the specific needs of adult learners, the division into courses is different and some programs of study are found only in adult education.
Like the Québec Education Program, the DBE Program presents the broad educational orientations to be followed and the general education programs offered, grouped into subject areas. This grouping of the programs of study brings out the connections among the various subjects and their respective contributions to the development of adult education students.
PROCEDE supports the development of DBE resources via the DBE Implementation website.
Areas of Learning/Programs of study
- English Language Arts
- Français, langue seconde (French only)
- Mathematics, science and technology
- Social sciences
- Contemporary World
- Financial Education
- History of Québec and Canada
- Regional Geography of Québec
- Personal development – Diversified Basic Education
- Physical Education and Health
- Preventing Dependency
- Human Sexuality
- Career development – Diversified Basic Education
- Personalized Career Orientation
Repository of Documentation (Definition of the Evaluation Domains and others)