- This event has passed.
Demonstration of Miller Cobot – Copilot – March 27, 2023
March 27 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Welding and Fitting department of the Laurier Macdonald Career Centre will be hosting two workshops on the Demonstration of Miller Cobot – Copilot on March 27, 2023.
The same session is being offered in the morning and in the afternoon. There is a maximum space for 10 teachers at each session. Teachers registering for the workshop will choose to attend the following morning or afternoon session:
- March 27, 2023 from 8:30am to 11:30pm
- March 27, 2023 from 12:30am to 3:30pm
The workshop will be held at:
- Messer Canada Inc.
5555 Bd des Grandes-PrairiesSaint-Léonard, Quebec H1R 1B4
Animator: Jacky Ouellet from the company Miller Welding Automation
- Participants will learn how the Copilot works and how it can benefit them in the industry while also addressing this competency of the new Welding and Fitting program.
- Introduction to robotic welding
- GMAW power source with advanced arc modes
- How to maximize production uptime and throughput
- How to program the Copilot
- How to manipulate the Copilot
- Participants will visit Messer Canada Inc. for a demonstration given by an experienced operator of the Miller Cobot-Copilot. Participants will also have a hands-on experience whereby they will be able to manipulate the robotic welder.
- Why automate? What are the benefits?
- Overview of the Cobot
- Cobots vs Traditional Robots in Welding (how to choose)
- Miller Copilot tour (components description)
- Hands on
Target Group: Welding and Fitting Teachers