The Welding and Fitting department of theLaurier Macdonald Career Centre will be hosting two workshops on the Demonstration of Miller Cobot – Copilot on March 27, 2023.
The same session is being offered in the morning and in the afternoon. There is a maximum space for 10 teachers at each session. Teachers registering for the workshop will choose to attend the following morning or afternoon session:
- March 27, 2023 from 8:30am to 11:30pm
- March 27, 2023 from 12:30amto 3:30pm
The workshop will be held at:
- Messer Canada Inc.
5555 Bd des Grandes-PrairiesSaint-Léonard, Quebec H1R 1B4
Animator: Jacky Ouellet from the company Miller Welding Automation
- Participants will learn how the Copilot works and how it can benefit them in the industry while also addressing this competency of the new Welding and Fitting program.
- Introduction to robotic welding
- GMAW power source with advanced arc modes
- How to maximize production uptime and throughput
- How to program the Copilot
- How to manipulate the Copilot
- Participants will visit Messer Canada Inc. for a demonstration given by an experienced operator of the Miller Cobot-Copilot. Participants will also have a hands-on experience whereby they will be able to manipulate the robotic welder.
- Why automate? What are the benefits?
- Overview of the Cobot
- Cobots vs Traditional Robots in Welding (how to choose)
- Miller Copilot tour (components description)
- Hands on
Target Group: Welding and Fitting Teachers
If you would like to attend the workshop, please fill in the (indicate the time of the workshop you would like to attend), have it signed by your director and return to Shelley Smythe at firstname.lastname@example.org.