- This event has passed.
Health Care Workshop: Update On Ostomy Care
November 11, 2022 @ 8:30 am
The three hour workshop will be held at the Pearson Adult Career Centre, 8300 George Street, LaSalle, Quebec H8P 1E5 from 8:30am – 12:00pm.
The workshop will be presented by:
The Ostomy Care update will include the following:
- Type of surgeries that lead to a stoma
- Type of ostomies
- Output and diet
- Type of skin barriers
- Type of pouches
- Stomal complications and how to care for it
- Peristomal complications and how to care for it
- Current practice on how to empty and change an appliance (do’s and don’ts)
- Case studies to test new knowledge; to troubleshoot leakages and irritation
- Colostomy Irrigation
- Lab Demonstration
If you would like to attend the workshop, please fill the in the registration form, have it signed by your director and return it to Shelley Smythe at email@example.com.
There is a limit of forty five participants for this workshop. Register early to secure your spot.