EDUCATION CONSULTANT FOR VOCATIONAL TRAINING – INTEGRATION OF TECHNOLOGY
Candidates are invited to send their applications for this temporary full-time regional position as RECIT-FP Educational Consultant available as of August 5, 2022, for the nine (9) English School Boards, with office at 7525, chemin de Chambly in St. Hubert.
NATURE OF WORK:
Responsible for assisting and advising the administrators, teachers, and other professionals in Vocational Education on matters concerning the integration of technology in the implementation, development and evaluation of educational programs, the appropriate academic organization and the selection and use of methods, techniques, equipment, and teaching materials.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
- Promote the integration of technology in all English school boards’ vocational training centres.
- Assist administration in establishing a PD plan for the Centres.
- Help in the coordination of courses offered on-line.
- Support the implementation of on-line training for RAC when required by the RAC Manager (LBPSB).
- Participate in CEN activities organized by Centres when required and identified by the Coordinator (NFSB).
- Organize training for In-Service ELVEC and participate when required by the Coordinator (NFSB).
- Provides support and orientation for vocational training teachers, professionals, and administrators.
- Evaluate existing knowledge and assess needed future professional development to enhance the integration of technology in class.
- Keep abreast of research and new developments in the areas of curricula, educational methods, complimentary activities, educational materials, and evaluation of academic performance.
- Provide information on new requirements and encourages a process of continuous evaluation within the milieu.
- Identify and produce pertinent statistical data to help in decision making.
- Stimulate the educational interests of teachers.
- Provide advice and support to new vocational teachers.
- Offer a variety of workshops and professional development training during the year and participate in the offer of services of In-Service ELVEC.
- Share educational information through social media.
- Work in collaboration with the professionals at the RECIT-FP and RECIT-VT national and participate in their meetings (CSDHR).
- Work in close collaboration with the whole RECIT network including the regional and national RECIT-AGE and RECIT-FGA to align the training offered in the 9 English School Board.
- Participate in various committees and conferences such as, but not limited to, QACVE, CEN, In-Service ELVEC, LEARN, PROCEDE, RECIT-FCC.
- Produce a yearly plan based on the MEES expectations and in correlation with the RECIT-FP national plan, a mid-year report and an end of year report for PROCEDE and the MEES.
- Manage their expenses and report to the School Board Fiduciary of the RECIT-FP, in this case Riverside School Board, Lucie Roy, Assistant Director General.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably education.
- High knowledge of use of technology and pedagogical curriculums.
- Proficient in English and French (to participate in Provincial meetings and report to the MEES).
The nature of this position is to support all centres in the province of Quebec. Although an office is provided at RSB, travelling to the nine (9) English School Boards and their Vocational Training Centres is a daily necessity, on-line support is also encouraged.
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY:
In accordance with the Professionals’ Agreement: $49,456.00 to $87,626.00 (35 hours/week) according to qualifications and experience.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE 4:00PM ON JUNE 23, 2022, THROUGH APPLY TO EDUCATION.
Riverside School Board has implemented an Equal Access Employment Program and encourages applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities.