The Hairdressing department of the Laurier Macdonald Career Centre will be hosting a workshop titled “Colour My Cut” on April 25, 2023 from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
The workshop will take place at the following location: Salon Pure
1455 Peel Street
GENERAL OBJECTIVE: Placement of color to enhance the structure of a haircut.
- Demonstrate a haircut using 6 sections
- Selecting different guidelines for each section when creating different layers
- Finishing three different styling techniques for a haircut
- Understanding the different guideline lengths used when dealing with client’s different hair characteristics
(textures, shapes and density).
- Lecture, demonstration, group discussion, hands-on practice, feedback, self-reflection, cooperative learning strategies.
- A main haircut and colour placement will be achieved using a Lodie mannequin head that is not supplied. Participants must bring 1 mannequin head or purchase ($90 plus taxes) it from the guest presenter. If you have questions on the purchase of the mannequin head, please contact Antonella Anaina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LECTURE ON COLOUR MY CUT:
- Using different cutting techniques that create the illusion of texturing hair
- Live demonstration by both presenters
- Sketch drawings
- Hands-on activities
- Group discussion
- Feedback from presenters
- Self-evaluation (teachers)
- The workshop will be divided in two groups of teachers working at the same time but with two different tasks, haircut with Daniel and colour placement with Monia.
- Groups will switch tasks in the afternoon. The workshop will conclude with a presentation of different haircuts and colour placement that compliments the desired look.
- Mr. Daniel Benoit will introduce commercial haircuts on a mannequin head to a group of teachers and Ms. Mona Greico, the hair colorist will demonstrate different color placement patterns to a different group of teachers.
- The objective of these two artists is to show future hairstylists about the importance on working as a team to create new cuts and colour trends for clients.
- Simplifying the old haircutting techniques into new cutting techniques by using fewer sections and body movements.
- This new method will help the hairdressers to maximize their quality of service and time
- Avoid texturing haircutting techniques on fine hair textures
- Creating sleepless layers on haircuts. Customizing haircuts that will favour different shapes, texture and forms
- Revised version of the fundamental philosophy on customized haircuts
- Six easy sections with 6 different guidelines towards cutting
- Simplifies body movement and focuses on efficiency of client service
TARGET GROUP: Hairdressing teachers from the Hairdressing program
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 16
If you would like to attend the workshop, please fill in the registration form and indicate if you will be attending in person or registering to view a recording of the workshop.
If you would like to purchase a mannequin head, please indicate this on the registration form.
Once the registration form is filled out, please have it signed by your centre director and return it to Shelley Smythe at email@example.com.
Please forward the registrations by April 21st.