The Welding and Fitting department of the English Montreal School Board will be hosting an in-person workshop on Metal Frame Scaffolding on May 23, 2023 from 8:30am to 3:30pm at the following address:
- Laurier Macdonald Career Centre, DGP
6065 Boulevard Des Grandes-PrairiesSaint-Léonard, Quebec H1P 1A5
Animator: Maxime Chouinard
- Participants will learn how to use scaffolding while ensuring safety and respecting Quebec regulations.
- Mainly frame scaffolding with some overview of spring lock scaffolding
- Safety while using scaffolding
- The hazards of working with scaffolding
- The Quebec regulations regarding the use of scaffolding while on the work site
- How to properly install scaffolding
- Inspecting and assessing the installation of scaffolding
- How to safely move on scaffolding as well as how to manage equipment and material
- Platforms, railing systems and access, such as ladders
- An overview of harnessing, mainly how to wear a harness and when one is required
- Scaffolding specialists Installation EMC will offer participants training on how to safely install and work with scaffolding. The training will take place in Laurier Macdonald Career Centre’s Welding and Fitting facility. Those in attendance will acquire the necessary theory and hands on practice needed to be able to teach this part of the new program of study to students.
- Welding and Fitting Teachers (a maximum of 20 participants)
If you would like to attend the workshop, please fill in the registration form, have it signed by your director and return to Shelley Smythe at email@example.com.